Saturday, February 14, 2015

Making of a Valentine's Gift - Deer Antler Talking Stick



My husband picked out a deer antler from my antler collection a while ago and he has been using it as a talking stick in council. I thought it will be a great Valentine's gift for him to finish the talking stick for him. Well it was months in the making. I sat with it, meditated and ask the guide from the spirit.
Thanked the spirits and saged the antler

I picked up quite a few branches on my morning walk, asking for guidance to pick the one

Hand whittled a few of them and the one on the right really spoke to me
As so it is



Finally, there were these marks on the branch, and I used a wood burner to add to the contrast
I always say when we are willing to sit with the uncomfortable, you will always find gold. How appropriate to add gold accents to this talking stick. Perfect companion for meditation.

Setting the talking stick
Added Gold color to the stick
Close up of the Amethyst that I put on by wire wrapping it
Happy Valentine's Day








2 comments:

  1. This might be entered twice, please excuse me for my lack of technology knowledge!!
    Ginger, you put lots of beautiful thought into this beautiful Valentines Day gift for your husband. You also put lots of really good - well - juju!

    ReplyDelete