Monday, February 2, 2015

A Sanctuary, A Sacred Space , A Prayer Corner whatever you call it, create one in your home

A Sanctuary, A Sacred Space , A Prayer Corner whatever you call it, create one in your home. It is so important in our busy life to create a space that brings peace and sense of stillness. Whatever your path is, a sanctuary is so important and essential in our spiritual growth. A place where it brings you back to the present.

For me, I set my intention of finding a sacred space in my house. I found this corner in front of the fire place that speaks to me. Putting my meditation cushion there and sitting down for the first time, I know it is the right spot.  I placed my Himalayan Salt Lamp, my journal, my drums  and my candles in the corner, my altar consists of my crystals ( whatever speaks to me on the day) and offering ( I use tobacco but it is a personal choice, it can be flowers, fruits or something thoughtful, the intentions are more important than the actual offerings ) and there it is your " Own Personal Sanctuary.

Personally, the space helps me center myself everyday before heading out in the busy and noisy world. I sit 5 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes in the evening and whenever I can on the weekend. Set your alarm on your phone every other day to remind yourself.  My last piece of advise is be kind to yourself if you don't sit everyday, it takes time, it is like learning a new skill.


Tips for setting up a personal sanctuary

- Not a high traffic area
- Sit there and see how the energy feels
- Sage it, cleanse it and or light a candle and say a prayer to set the space ready
- Put an mini altar to remind you to return to that space
- Set an alarm on your phone alarm to light a candle and to put out a candle everyday
- Put fresh flowers on the altar (a reminder to return )
- It is a personal space, put whatever speaks to you on the altar
- Be kind to yourself

My Sacred Space with my talking stick, my drums and my journal

My Alter, my crystals , candle, sage and Himalayan salt lamp


No comments:

Post a Comment